Friday, June 20, 2008

"Death and All His Friends" by Coldplay

Coldplay's new album, Viva la Vida, is great.

I love the lyrics to the last song on the album, "Death and All His Friends." The last stanza is great. Chris Martin sings it in his falsetto voice supported by intense piano, drums, bass, and guitar--much like the "Give me love over this" refrain at the end of "Politik" on A Rush of Blood to the Head or the "Tears stream down your face when you lose something you can't replace" line at the end of "Fix You" on X & Y.

All winter
We got carried
Or way over on the rooftops just get merry
All summer we just hurry

So come over just be patient and don’t worry
So come over just be patient and don’t worry

And don’t worry…

Try
Try
Try

No I don't want to battle from the year to end
I don't want to cycle and recycle revenge
I don't want to follow death and all of his friends...

No comments: