A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had been converted to the New Perspective on Paul and that I would be writing something about it. I am working on that project, it's just taking a long time. I plan on breaking the presentation into seven (!) parts:
2. The "Old" Perspective on Paul (Luther on Paul and the Law)
3. Second Temple Judaism and Covenantal Nomism
4. Paul's Conversion/Call and Ministry (including the infamous "Antioch Incident")
5. The New Perspective on Paul, the Law, and Jewish/Gentile Relations
6. Disclaimers and Clarifications
7. Conclusions and Implications (including theological positions taken by popular American evangelicals that I reject because of the New Perspective on Paul)
I have a rough draft for part 2 and I'm moving along on part 3. I want to finish everything before I start posting them.
This project seriously cuts into my Guitar Hero time, so I need to be careful. Thank you for understanding.
Weekly Meanderings, 24 June 2017 - Well done, Mike Bird. Now that Bernie Sanders has made socialism cool again, were the early church socialists? We have to ask because of those famous passa...
7 hours ago