A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had been converted to the New Perspective on Paul and that I would be writing something about it. I am working on that project, it's just taking a long time. I plan on breaking the presentation into seven (!) parts:
2. The "Old" Perspective on Paul (Luther on Paul and the Law)
3. Second Temple Judaism and Covenantal Nomism
4. Paul's Conversion/Call and Ministry (including the infamous "Antioch Incident")
5. The New Perspective on Paul, the Law, and Jewish/Gentile Relations
6. Disclaimers and Clarifications
7. Conclusions and Implications (including theological positions taken by popular American evangelicals that I reject because of the New Perspective on Paul)
I have a rough draft for part 2 and I'm moving along on part 3. I want to finish everything before I start posting them.
This project seriously cuts into my Guitar Hero time, so I need to be careful. Thank you for understanding.
Prayer For Your Week - O Lord, make us have perpetual love and reverence for your holy Name, for you never fail to help and govern those whom you have set upon the sure foundatio...
10 hours ago